In the past 12 months, we’ve saved 241 hours of clinical time for the NHS and eliminated 10,500 unnecessary Emergency Department visits
We’re sure you’ll agree, 2020 has been a one-of-a-kind year!
Here at Cinapsis, the past 12 months have been incredibly busy: we’ve launched new partnerships, welcomed new team members, added new features to our platform and so much more.
We’re so proud that we’ve been able to play a part in supporting the NHS’s response to COVID-19 - without doubt, one of our proudest achievements to date. We’ve been inspired by the bravery and resilience of the health and social care staff we have worked alongside, and the fact that Cinapsis SmartReferrals has had a positive impact on their work and patient care is what motivates us.
Join us while we reflect on our progress and celebrate our achievements with us.
Top ten highlights of 2020 at Cinapsis:
- We kicked off the year by working with the CQC on their first regulatory sandbox on digital triage in health services. Read the full report here.
- Cinapsis was included on the NHSX Clinical Communications Procurement Framework as a recommended tool, as well as Spark DPS and G-Cloud 12 frameworks. These inclusions are recognition of the time-saving potential of our technology (for both individuals and teams), its ability to support patient transfers of care and its scalability across the NHS.
- The NHSX Dermatology Digital Playbook featured Cinapsis in their best-practice case study “Using an app for advice and guidance and referral management to help reduce dermatology appointments”.
- Following a rigorous selection process, Cinapsis SmartReferrals was chosen by EMIS Health as its Elite Partner for Advice and Guidance - on account of being the most integrated platform on which frontline clinicians in primary care can access specialist advice, and our exemplary standards of governance and security (including full compliance with Information Governance regulations).
- The Integrated Clinical Advice Network was launched as a joint venture between Cinapsis and ICS Insourcing (part of the newly rebranded Acacium Group), enabling expert advice and guidance to be delivered straight into the hands of clinicians.
- We ran two brilliant discussion panels with senior industry experts at the Virtual HPN Expo and we had a great time speaking at the Virtual Teledermatology Skills and Practice course organised by the British Association of Dermatology.
- Data gathered from our partnership with Gloucestershire ICS revealed that their use of SmartReferrals reduced A&E attendances by 83% and face-to-face appointments by 70%
- Our new partnership with Transforming Systems will dramatically scale the impact of our data insights, and enable clinicians to better streamline and coordinate patient flow in urgent and emergency care departments.
- We are in the midst of two really exciting new Cinapsis roll-outs – in Norfolk and Waveney and in Liverpool. We’ll be focusing on growing these new networks in the coming months, whilst also setting our sites on further expansions and partnerships across the UK.
- We were thrilled to make the final shortlist in the ‘Innovative Use of Technology’ category at this year’s Patient Experience Network National Awards (PENNA).
- Cinapsis VirtualConsult enables remote video and voice consultations between patients and doctors
- Cinapsis PhotoConsult allows clinicians to capture and share photos securely
- Instant Messaging on our SmartReferrals platform facilitates barrier-free conversation between healthcare professionals
- We built Matrix interoperability into Cinapsis (in partnership with Element) as it is best-in-class for secure encrypted and interoperable 1-to-1 and group messaging
- We improved our data dashboards to make it easier for clinicians to see upcoming demand and manage patient list at a glance
- Single Sign-On login: Cinapsis connects to the global NHS.net address book for quick and secure log in directly with your NHS Mail
- EMIS Web and SystmOne integrations: the Cinapsis SmartReferrals platform can now be accessed by Primary Care practitioners via a specialised toolbar add-on to the EMIS Web and SystmOne interfaces
To support our customers in their response to Covid-19, we’ve also given instant access to specialist Advice and Guidance to mental health workers in Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, paramedics in South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT), community nurses in community hospitals, GP Locums and NHS 111 call operators in Practice Plus Group (formerly known as Care Group UK) as well as a number of new GP Practices.
New pathways and specialties added:
Due to high demand, we’ve added a number of new services to our SmartReferrals platform, significantly expanding its utility for Primary Care clinicians. These include Acute Trauma & Orthopaedics, COVID Adult Admissions, Palliative Care Advice, elective pathways for Paediatrics, General Surgery. At the same time, we are currently trialling Urology and Vascular Surgery, Stroke, Gastroenterology, Renal Medicine and Medical photography.
Cinapsis in the news:
- In the Independent, Cinapsis’ founder shared his thoughts on tackling winter waiting lists and the distribution of skills and funds in the NHS.
- In Forbes, Dr Owain Rhys Hughes shared the story of his journey from surgeon to CEO
- Cinapsis was included in the Maddyness list of ‘17 Startups Transforming Healthcare’
- Owain was asked onto BBC Radio Gloucestershire to discuss the impressive outcomes of our tech for local hospitals
- The HSJ ran a feature on our work to connect primary and secondary care and reduce hospital admissions
A big Thank You to all of our partners, colleagues, champions and users!
Your support and valued inputs have driven many of the improvements we’ve made to the Cinapsis SmartReferrals platform this year, as well as informing our plans for 2021.
The whole team would like to wish you a joyful and restful Christmas period, and a healthy New Year.